Confusion and not understanding...

My boyfriend lately has not been feeling like he has got in touch with himself. He keeps saying things like he wants to just turn off his phone for a week, or he wants to get away from everything for just a few days. He says he wants to be alone and he just wants to find himself again and try to be like that. He says all he does is please others, but sometimes he just wants to please himself by being by himself for a day. He has days that he can spend by himself, but he never takes the chance for him to have his alone time to find himself and what he likes to do. He doesn't like being at home because it feels like sometimes he has nothing to do. He says that he wants to get away from everything and everyone because it's all stressing him out and stuff.

When I talked to him about all of this, I started crying. In the back of my head of it all, I would think to myself that he doesn't want to talk to anyone including me, because I stress him out. When I am with him, he always says that he is comfortable and he feels calm with me. That's what I don't get. I told him about the time that I shut off my phone for a day and I just felt bad in the end. When I do things to please other people, it always pleases me that they are pleased. With him, he said that he pleases others, but he needs to please himself too. It doesn't sound really selfish, but idk.. He says he wants to go on a camping trip with me maybe if my parents would let me go with him for a few days, just to be with each other and get away. But that was after I was crying.. I don't know what to do. I feel like I can't do anything...
March 25th, 2010 at 06:59am