Important question, I want/need to know what your answer is

Here it is.

If someone you knew, not neccessarily someone you were close to or that you knew particularly well was going to commit suicide would you try to help said person?

I ask this because About 4 hours ago a boy I know, one of my best friends ex's to be specific posted on facebook that he was thinking of it seriously this time, and all his so-called friends just commented asking for stuff he'd borrowed back. No one thought enough to offer to go get him, talk to him, or to txt my friend and tell her (they had gone out for 4 years and only broke up a month ago because she couldn't stop his self distructive behaviour). Since then up until an hour ago he was posting an update every 30min. The last one an hour ago, said that he had taken 70 pills and was walking on the train tracks, quite a likely way for him to either get run over or pass out/coma and not be found. Even his new girlfriend didn't care enough to go see him and talk to him, try to convince him not to do it.

I'm currently tempted to ignore my driving restrictions and go pick up my friend and see if we can find him.

What do you guys think. Would you help them? Even if you didn't like them, or know them too well?
March 26th, 2010 at 10:40am