What A Fine Mess.

This past month, at least for me, has been shocking and has often felt like a nightmare. Why? Because my eighteen-year-old brother Wyatt, my twenty-year-old cousin who is like a brother Levi, his fifteen-year-old girlfriend Sara, and their sixteen-year-old friend Alex decided to sneak into the nearby high school gym. Just for fun, no harm, no foul. Even I've done it.

But what made this trip catastrophic is when Alex decided to spray the fire extuingisher on the new ten-thousand dollar gym floors. Why? Don't ask me. Apparently, though, whatever is in fire extuingisher's are corrosive, so that fluid sat there from Friday night until Monday morning, and literally ate the floors.

The school was righteously pissed, and Sara broke down and told them who all did it. So Wyatt got charged with two counts of assisting a minor in deliquency, burgurlary, trespassing, breaking and entering, destorying public property, and criminal mischief. Seven counts.

Wyatt had to go out, get a job, cut his hair, the whole nine yards. We got my grandma to pay for bond, so for a while, things were pretty okay. Wyatt still has to pay back the school $2,500, but that was okay.

Then, Levi was talking to Alex's girlfriend's mom, who said jokingly, "Bet you won't do that again."

Levi, being a jokester, replied, "Oh yeah, next time we'll bring gas and matches."

This woman proceded to print of the IM conversation and send it to the school, who decided Levi was a terrorist or something.

And now, today, I found out Sara's mom is pressing sexual assult charges against Levi, even though I know for a fact Sara and Levi never had sex. If she wins, though, Levi will be in jail for twenty years. Twenty years. He'll be in jail almost long than he was out.

So now, we all wait with bated breath and tears in our eyes for what the jury condems my brothers with. We're all putting on brave faces, but we're all terrified for what they'll do to Levi and Wyatt.

As for me, I've learned that there are some things that just aren't worth it. Everything my brothers have done this past month is in that list.
March 26th, 2010 at 05:41pm