My thoughts on Monogamy

Slight confusion.. Okay, maybe thats an understatement.
Sometimes when I would think about monogamy, I'd be all like, "Hey who cares if my guy gets with another woman? So long as he still loves ME and only me and I'm cool with it!" But today, I started thinking, (Bad choice, I know) well, maybe I'd care. Like if he hit on another chick in front of me I'd be pretty pissed, because lets face it, that would be a big blow to my ego. But other than that i wouldn't care. And then, I started thinking some more. I began to ask myself; If given the chance, would I ever cheat on someone I loved?
Now, I had thought about that before, and the answer had always been just 'no' and I had never really gotten into it. However, not today. Today was different. I was different. With a shocking realization, I thought, 'No I wouldnt. Because I I TRULY loved that person, then no other person would be anything to me. Not good looking, not nice in an attractive way. No. No one would be able to light any kind of flame inside me, except for the one I loved.
And that thought took me back to one day when I was sitting at the computer with my friend holly, and she starting raging on about how 'hot' this guy was, and how 'nice his ass was.' At the time, she had a boyfriend.
Now, on a quick note, lets just mention that Holly's boyfriend was a guy I had liked for a LONG time, and she knew. When I told her, she betrayed me by asking him out a few days later. I had to find out by reading his MSN personal message; (L)Holly(L)
ANYWAYS. I had interrupted Holly by saying "You shouldnt talk about other guys like that, you have a boyfriend." And Holly rolled her eyes and said, "Wow Cass. You're lame. Its not like Trevor cares. He talks to me about hot girls all the time."
And those words DID make me feel lame. But now, I see the falseness in those word,s and am not surprised that they broke up less than a month later.
But my point is, that now I see the light. If a male EVER cheated on me, I'm not sure I'd look at him the same ever. Not to mention I'd send him packing. If he ever looked at another woman's intimate parts, -well, if I had PROOF he did- I'd dump him faster than a lactose intolerant man who just finished participating in an ice cream eating contest.
Not only that, but I loved someone with all my heart, and they cheated on me.. I don't think that I would ever heal, because I'd know that he did not return my true feelings. I know it'd be the worst feeling in the world.
If you have ever felt that pain, my heart really goes out to you. Because I can only imagine HALF the pain that must be. And no woman OR man ever deserves to feel that pain.
March 27th, 2010 at 01:24am