With age, comes complications :\

Recently, life for me has become more complicated then I possibly ever could've imagined 2 years ago.

I'm 16 years old. I know what some people might say; what's so difficult about being 16? The very same people might also look back at being that age with a certain fondness. Those people may think being 16 is also about innocence, about finding yourself and about trying things out for the very first time.

These people are idiots!

For me, being sixteen is about dealing with drugs, violence, illness, depression and incredible amounts of stress. There is nothing sweet about 16.

I believe I have done more growing up in these last six months of life, then I ever could have dreamed about doing in the previous 15. It sometimes scares me how mature I have become. I've had so many slips and falls, so many cuts and grazes, that I feel my skin has hardened - perhaps becoming harder then it should be.

This is not to say that I am anywhere near done growing up. I still have things to experience, situations to pull through. I have many things to learn and many new people to meet. Many places to go and many things to look at - both the beautiful and the not so beautiful.

"What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger"

So...I have decided to put any and all of the hardships I have experienced over the last year or so, and turn them into positves. All those situations that made me a stronger, better person may have been horrible, but they did exactly what I just said - made me a stronger and better person. I can sit back knowing that I have not yet to experience every little horrible thing in life for the first time, that I have already experienced them, already been hurt, and already overcome them. I am turning negatives into positives, and I suggest you do the same.
March 27th, 2010 at 01:34am