Yesterday: Friends Today: Strangers

We’ve been class mates since 4th grade. We spent much time talking, playing and teasing each other. I think loosing them would the worst scenario that would happen in my life. Before we graduated, we made promised and even did a “prank blood signature “that’s put in a piece of paper and buried in our class room’s backyard. We agree that we even when we are apart we would not forget each other and we should still visit “that spot” which we marked “x” because we buried there our names as well as the “prank blood signature.” We call our group “SATGELS”- means Satan+Angel, I know wee really so childish that time and we had no other idea what should we call our group, and since sometimes we are bad and good, one of our group members combined the word “Satan and angel.” I know the name is non sense but we are still proud to call each other “Satgels.” I’m a sentimental person that is why I still keep our picture. We only consist of five members, which I don’t wanna name names. Sadly one of the members in the group migrated to Chicago to continue her studies. Only four of us left.

We are in the same school. Unfortunately the other two is in the Dance Class and we are in the Music Class. For me, destiny really plays because the girl “which I thought my best friend” did not became my class mate instead the girl whom I used to fight with is the one who I shared the same class room. Too awkward because during our elementary years we did not plan to build some sort of a groups, because frequently we fight and back bite each other but still we ended up to have one.

As the time goes by, we met already met new friends, a new classmate, that’s why we started to forgot our promise before. Whenever we met in some places in our school, the felling is not the same anymore because we only just smile, not even sayin “hi”. It’s very different from before. Did we already found a place where should supposed to be? It is really hard to admit that the person you always spent your time before, chatting and sharing your secrets is the one not paying much attention to you now. I do found my new friends but I still don’t wanna ruin the bonds we shared before, because we’ve gone too far.

Too bad, until now the scenario is always the same. We have different lives now….

I know I could never turn back time to bring back our childhood memories, but then again I was a little bit satisfied because before we met we are strangers and became friends. The painful part is that yesterday we friends but today we just treated each other like strangers.
March 28th, 2010 at 02:55pm