Humans...Monsters....What's The Difference??

Laugh And The World Laughs With You, Cry And You're On Your Own.

^^How true those words are, and how sad that fact is. I mean, all our lives we're forced to pretend to be happy. Any real, hardcore, soul deep emotions--Fear, Anger, Pain, Betrayal, Love...we're not meant to show them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't emotions what make us human?? If we can't show them...that makes us monsters...a whole bloody race of monsters. Don't get me wrong, I know why people shun emotions...emotions make us all feel weak; vulnerable. But, I don't get why that's a problem. It's a part of life.

You see, in different families, good parenting means different things...there's the obvious stuff about don't be abusive/neglective which goes without saying...but then there's the stuff which is up to personal interpretation.

In some families, it means getting the darling little kiddies anything the spoilt brats ask for, in some, it means getting them to party and socialise. In my family, we have the generic get-them-to-after-school-clubs, pay-for-music-lessons, encourage-their-creativity parenting...but my folks also have a real approach to life. They educate us comedian-wise, they encourage us to go away from the crowd;to be our own person. But their main point they drill into us is "Life Isn't Fair." This isn't to be cruel, this isn't to dash our hopes, this is because there is a ridiculous amount of 30/40 year olds who go into jobs expecting it to be easy, people who are still dreaming of meeting "the one" without any heartbreak. The people who don't think that kids die. The ones who think that stereotypes don't hurt. The ones who still think that suicide doesn't exist...and murder is accidental.

I don't know about you, but I feel that life is a huge rollercoaster. I know it's a cliché comparison, but it's true.

In the past few months, I won't lie to you, I've hated almost everyone at some point. I've nearly given up on my friends purely because they weren't willing to fight themselves (and if you're reading this, you know who you are and, sorry, but I'm not apologising for how I feel) and they were fighting eachother. Why is it that the one trying to make peace ends up blurting stuff out and making it worse? There have been times when I have hated myself, even when I've been tempted to run away.

Then today, I was just sitting in Church, during Messy Church, I was sitting with some of my older friends and I realised, those angry, depressive emotions...they are human. Purely human. I was happy at that moment, which may well be why I realised it then.

Right now? I'm thinking of what to say to God. What to say to Him in a way that thanks him for all of this, yet asks him to help me through the tough times, and, well, I think I'll just tell him all of this. This is just the truth. Truth from soul to heart to head to hand. There is nothing true-er...and nothing that hurts more.

So my parting words for anyone bothering to read my Blog, are:

Laugh And The World Laughs With You, Cry And You're On Your Own....But Don't Dispair! You Have Friends, You Have Family, You Have The Mibba Community,And If Nothing Else, You Have Me. So Cry All You Want, Because I Am Always Here...A Shoulder To Cry On. (:
April 2nd, 2010 at 12:58am