To learn without being taught.

I think that the the most important lessons in life are learnt for there is no way they can be taught. You'll be told repeatedly about what to stay away from. You'll be warned, it's not that you won't. But you won't be prepared for what's to come. No one can prepare you for the shocks that life throws at you. You will hear stories about people's experiences but that will not prepare you. It'll just warn you. They say it gets harder when you grow up but you will never grasp the whole idea of the hardships until you face it. There will come a time when you heart will physically ache because someone hurt you. You have been told your entire life not to let those who don't know you get to you. You listened and you learnt. But what about the times when your closest friends are the ones to hurt you? No one warns you against that. Nobody says, don't get to close because one day they might hurt you. You don't get prepared for the time when someone that adored you suddenly crushes you and leaves without so much a trace. That's just how life is. Everyone just advices you to be strong, to get back up and to move on. And you will - don't doubt your strength for a second. Getting back up, that's manageable. But you will still feel that ache in your chest. It will persist. It will hurt you. Being strong does not mean that you don't feel the pain. You'll hurt. It'll hurt and you will feel really sad about it. And no one can prepare you for it. You have read about it in books, you have seen it in films, you have heard it in songs and you have listened to the tales of your friends, but you will never really grasp it until it happens to you. The hardest things in life just cannot be taught, it is something to be learnt.
April 2nd, 2010 at 02:41pm