Music history and reflection.

For the past few days, I have been having a musical flashback. Now you see, this has been taking me back abooooot 5/6ish years? It's amazing. Because I remember how I was back then, and although I'm so different now, I have to admit, I loved that person. Even though she was a crazy little teenie bopper who found everything about a band exciting, including their personal lives, which honestly I guess I still do a little, the Chloe back then was so enthusiastic and just always searching for new bands but at the same time completely embracing the ones I had already found. Those were the best 2ish years of my life I guess, from 04/05 to 06/07.

I remember when I first got into Paramore, think I saw an ad on MySpace or something, and Riot! was just about to come out, literally like a week later, and I heard Misery Business and was like WTF? THIS IS INSANE, because I hadn't found any rock bands that had a female singer, and I was seriously like holy shit this is the most beautiful, wonderful, fun, interesting music I had heard for quite some time. And besides The Used and My Chemical Romance I couldn't believe how much passion I had for their music, and thinking about how I felt about it right now, the only way I can explain it is like I wanted to eat their music, like it was so appealing and delicous. That sounds way more pedo/weird than it does in my head, but it's the only way I can explain it.

When I got into The Used I remember it was Christmas holidays, and I would get up every morning really early and my parents had gone to work so no one was home, and this was before I had my computer I think... woah, so I used my Dad's downstairs, anyway I'd get up really early and go downstairs and listen to The Used and play Neopets, HAHA. But I remember I was obsessed with their music, it gave the most defining vibe to that era of my life, and it just fit so well. I try to remember that feeling a least once a week, and it gives me butterflies. That's the best I had ever felt in my life. Christmas 2004.

My Chemical Romance brought such a different feeling. A more dark and in depth feel, they made me really think more about life and what I wanted and how I felt about certain topics in life. They really encouraged my opinions, and made me sure of what I believe in because it was written in their music. I remember when I first got Life On The Murder Scene, and I would watch it so deep in thought, every mili-second of it fascinated me, and it still does.

But anyway, I love remembering back to that time, and I wish so darn badly that I could get back there and feel like that again. I've tried to re-create that era in my life SO many times and I just can't. I guess listening to all that music again now is kind of changing this time in my life similar to how I felt back then, but whats exciting is I didn't try to get back to the past and just let the music re-define my life all over again and make a new vibe and feel to this time in life, rather then just closing my eyes and thinking I was 11 again.

Yeah, if you read all of this, I dunno I kind of wanna give you a cookie or a hug or something...

It's all over the place... oh well. :)
April 6th, 2010 at 03:45pm