Beauty Pageants, whoring and fan-fictions

What are your views on it? Some people in Australia are looking at starting their own beauty pagents but it's caused a truck load of critisim. Some people say it's great for kids self esteem and others say it's going to turn them into over grom toddlers who will become sexually mature faster.. The second statement kinda scared me and so do the kids that enter the pageants..

I mean fake tans, hair pieces and fake teeth..? like, wtf?
Surely there are better ways of boosting a childs self esteem than that.
The people that are thinking of bringing it to Australia say that they won't American-ize it too much but I have a feeling in a couple of years it's going to go too far.

Alrighty I know there has been a huge discussion going on about there being too much fan-fiction and I agree.. there is. Simple as that. There are some amazing stories that are fan-fiction however and they would be just as good as original. I mean why can't you create a fictious band?

Most of the fan-fics that I give a chance usually try to be different by making the celebrity totally different to what they are really like and it just made me think, why not create an original one anyway. Your going to have to do just as much work re-inventing them as you would creating a new person.

Anyways.. I need to calm down now, so do you guys have any awesome one or two-shots that you think are worth a read?
I'd really like to have a look at them
:)
April 7th, 2010 at 01:13pm