Gaga and Teen Pregnancy

Why hello everyone,

It’s been a while... I just wanted to come back on mibba for a bit and chill out. My holidays are nearly over and I’ll go back to school in two days, so not excited.

So not many of you would know this but for Kloe’s birthday I took her to the Lady Gaga concert in Brisbane, that was a little while ago but it's still pretty relevant I guess.

It was amazing to put it simply. I loved the fact that she had a story line behind the concert; it kind of reminded me of a twisted musical of some sort. It was amazing and she was amazing. Not once have I felt more accepted at a concert than I did at hers.

We had a great time and sang till we lost our voices.

I did come on here to post about something a bit more serious though. It's been bugging me for a while because it happens to one of my friends. I just wanted to ask a few questions.

Why is it that when a girl of fifteen gets pregnant you call her a slut?

When a girl who is fifteen and isn’t pregnant but sleeps around more is simply shrugged off?

We don't know the situation of said pregnant girl, to say she slept around would be a stupid assumption because it's very possible she got pregnant with her long time boyfriend whom she trusted a lot. What if he promised to pull out and never did?

Or what if the girl was raped but didn't have the heart to tell anyone?

Should she be called a slut then?

When a girl falls pregnant, by accident or not and decides to keep the baby I can't help but admire the strength it takes.

Sure there are some stupid people around and I am NOT condoning getting pregnant at a young age. But when you see girls who step up to the challenge and raise a beautiful child, how can you call them sluts?

Sorry for ranting but I really needed to get that out.
April 11th, 2010 at 06:26am