I seriously need band recommendations - whats happening to the Industry?

It has been absolutely forever and a day since I was on Mibba - but the truth is I have been totally swamped recently and really havent had time for much internet. Got two weeks off for Easter break, and I truly need to rant. Couldn't think of anywhere better to come.

So I realised the other day as I was leisurely strolling through iTunes that music these days is complete and utter piss. What is happening to the music industry? I have totally outplayed every single '70s, '80s and '90s band I can get my hands on (trust me, there were many), and realised as I began surfing through the tunes of the '00s that the quality of music has deteriorated so far its disgusting.

What happened to making music that actually meant something? Musicians these days have the nerve to even call themselves musicians. It's beginning to get really hard to find any new and upcoming bands that dont sound like the rest of the music today. I have no idea whats happened but its like everyone has just conformed into this big pile of 4 chords, autotune and overly used synthesizers. And thats just chart music. When you move on to genres such as alternative and indie, its hard to find bands that are original and know that their music actually means something to them. Its all emotionless... no matter how much they pretend it isnt.

Amazing bands that influenced the music we have today should be disgusted at how lazy everybody has become.

So, I need you lot to give me some recommendations. Music thats gonna make me shiver, music thats gonna make me realise that the industry isnt actually dead.

Right now I'm really into punk, alternative, indie (some of it!), and a lot of acoustic stuff.

Ps - you should all listen to The View.

-k.
x
April 11th, 2010 at 11:46pm