Day of Silence

Welcome. I would first like to point out that if you're not a LGBT (lesbian,gay,bisexual, or transfestite) or a supporter of one of those groups, then this jouranl probally is not for you. I do not want to anger anyone with the message of this entry or have people leave rude comments. Just a warning. But moving on. The Day of Silence happens once a year. You can see the date during that year on www.glsen.org. It is a day of statements representing the silence that the LGBT group faces most every day. Because of the harrassment(not sure if thats spelled right)and verbal abuse between kids and adults alike, they are forced to remain quiet about who they are and are not allowed to have the civil rights that every person should. Just recently Maryland and DC made gay and lesbian marriage legal for those areas. This is a great step forward, but it does not stop the hatred and violence. There is a saying." People fear what they do not understand. People hate what they fear." Think about it this way. Every person on this earth is human. They deserve the same respect as anyone else until they have proven that they are not worthy of respect. You do not have to like what people are or what people do, but you should respect them as a person unless given a reason no to. Please, raise awarness. Our silence echoes those that cannot speak for themselves but so desperately want to.

Thank You ^^
April 16th, 2010 at 09:49pm