I'm ready.

I feel very ready to move on with my life. I am thinking about all these plans for the future and it is enabling me to anticipate precious moments that have the possibility of occurring. Holding elements of both motivation and liberation, this is a feeling I have been holding out for. It is always nice to have something to look forward to, something to keep you pushing. It has been a while since I have had something fun and exciting on the top of my priorities, but I know that it will be, given some time. As major things are coming to an end in my life, major things are beginning too. In the midst of these finalities and start ups, I feel that a fresh start is in order - a new chapter, a flip of the page, a full stop, a capital letter, or perhaps a whole new book. I want it to be a whole new book. I know a book is the metaphor for life itself with chapters holding different segments of our lives, but I feel as though the last seven years deserve much more than a chapter, they deserve an entire book. And that's okay, because I can have different volumes. It's probably better to have different books altogether for the different moments in your life because it means that you made the most of that one part, allowing yourself to take up an entire book. I don't really know why I'm dwelling on this metaphor of books but then again, I'm just clearing my thoughts and my head so it's okay. So I'm ready to move on. I've recently changed up my hair a bit, and it's a subtle change but it's a change. My hair is the longest its ever been, I've been wearing dresses more, I've started to write things down. And these are small changes but they will contribute towards a whole new book of my life. Change is good and sometimes physical changes as such are needed to reminds yourself when you get up in the morning and look in the mirror that you are someone new. You are today and you are tomorrow. And you will keep yesterday in that book on your shelf and you will go back and flick through it if you feel the need to, but for now, you are today.
April 17th, 2010 at 05:03pm