"Sorry, you have to be over 18 to sit there..."

I wanted to see my dad's band play in a pub near me called Uncle Tom's Cabin, but I got kicked out 'cause I'm under 18. Everyone in the band tried to make the bouncers let me stay by telling them I was with the band (which I technically am, I do all their promotional photos for posters and stuff) but they still kicked me out because I'm 15, and it was past nine o'clock. I didn't really get why I had to leave... I wasn't drinking or anything, I was just sat in a corner by the stage with everyone.

Gaah. I'm so... I don't know. I'm more sad than angry, I was really looking forward to seeing my dad play live. I've been to band practices and stuff, but it's not the same.

The band is called Skaface, and they do covers of bands like The Specials, UB40, Madness, The Jam, and a bit of Bob Marley. I don't normally listen to bands like that... but I don't know, I've sort of gotten into it 'cause my dad's been playing it all the time.

Skaface has gone down really well, and before I was forced to leave, the place was already full of people. I've seen videos from their last show, and the whole place was bouncing, and a few people were skanking on the dance floor.

Hm.

My mum took me home, but now she's gone back.

Meh.

Can't blame her really, it looked like it was gonna be a fun night. Anyway, I feel like introducing you all to Blackpool's very own Skaface.

Image

My dad's at the back in the white hat. I don't like this photo though, it looks too.. cramped. D:
April 17th, 2010 at 11:03pm