Work

Bittersweet, don't you think?
You need the money, you could use the experience.

But at the same time... after a while.. you just don't want that job. You know? It really does become work, a hard effort that is just barely worth it- and sometimes, it's still not enough. We can complain all we want- but outside of the office, of course, or wherever you work.

Solution: get a 'job' that you care about. Be optimistic. Be grateful you even have a job. Not everyone else does.

How would I know?
Well I do know, so there.

I have a sibling who works in retail, standing and walking around, reorganizing, cleaning up, working the cash register- all of that. They really hates it. Enough that they are starting to look for a new job this summer. Funny enough, they're considering my job.

I, unlike my sibling, do not work in retail. I work in an office. Real Estate, to be exact. An Administrative Assisstant, to be sure. I help out the real office assistant who works for my real boss. I knew my boss from church and his assistant needed help with all the files and everything. So I dress up every morning to come over here. I file, scan, email, phone, fax, pick up the trash, vaccuum, get the mail, everything and anything. Nice cushion job, right?

Keep telling yourself that.

I'm not saying I hate this. Because I don't. I'm very grateful for this opportunity, though I never plan to go into such a business. But I'm learning a lot as it is, how much it takes to deal with buying and selling houses. It's crazy. I've dealt with thousands of papers and hundreds of people, and I haven't even been here a year yet. I definitely got lucky as well, because I know my boss personally, as well as his son, and my other boss is fabulous. No one is ever angry or upset, maybe just frustrated- and not with me. It's a great relationship everyone shares.

Things are good only if you let them be. Maybe you have to work hard at it. Because life wasn't meant to be a party. Ask anyone at any time- it just isn't easy. So it's pathetic to act that way. Grow up and move on.

Live. Live a life that means something. Build something, create something, work on something. Become.
April 20th, 2010 at 02:16am