Jane Doe. (NSN CONCERT AND PICTURES!)

Before every single song he played, a certain Mister Christofer Drew Ingle would tell us a story. It would always be about how he came up with the song idea and what made him actually sit down and write it. Being his comedic self, it was always pretty funny. I guess you would have had to of been there to really understand, it was his whole image and tone.

"So, I sat down at a little restaurant just you know, "dooduduho", and this waitress is going around filling up cups. She passes mine and fills it right on up. When I saw her hands, I swear to you, they were the most beautiful hands I had ever seen. When I looked up, I saw the most beautiful face I ever laid eyes on. Instead of asking for her name, or something like that, all I could say was, "thanks".

He then began to play Jane Doe. With that, he also managed to play Trouble, On The Brightside, Can't Stand It, I Love You 5, What Is Love, The Past, I Just Laugh, and BigCityDreams. To say it was amazing would be a total understatement, it was kick fucking ass.

Can I just say, it blew me away. You could clearly see the passion for music on his face, and his body language. His voice, his face, his music, his everything proved just how much playing shows and making music makes me feel. It was refreshing to get to be a part of it.

My favorite part of his set was definitely when he called out and said, "Sorry parents, but fuck school." I bet they won't be allowed to come back to one of his concerts for a while. Especially after hearing 'the past' it wouldn't surprise me. It was unforgettable, just downright unforgettable. I'll remember this forever.

Thank You Never Shout Never.
Image

I don't know if you heard, but we had some concert crashers come to the show in Charlotte. Most people would call them Special Guests, but I don't see it that way. I see it as The AP Tour being mean. They could of told us ahead of time the Mayday Parade was going to be there. Yep, I said Mayday Parade, no need to read that sentence twice. And yeah, no, they didn't tell us until the day of. So peace of advice, if you go to The AP Tour, make sure you check and see if you are having special guests.

Besides all that, they played a completely acoustic set. Yep, completely acoustic. They did fucking stunning. And if they played one like that again, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Derek Sanders voice still gives me butterflies, it's that calming. All in all, they only played a few songs. It consisted of You're The Anchor, Jamie All Over, some other song, I Swear This Time I Mean It, and Miserable At Best. Freaking unforgettable.

Thank You Mayday Parade.
Image

Oh no, I'm not done yet. I still have Every Avenue, Hey Monday, The Cab, and The Summer Set to go, so hold your horses. The Summer Set I didn't really watch. They were pretty good on their last song, entitled Chelsea, and I'm sure I would see them again. Every Avenue was like a dream come true. I've been listening to their crap forever now, and seeing them live, wow. They played Picture Perfect, Mindset, Tell Me I'm A Wreck, Think Of You Later, Story To Tell Your Friends, and Where Were You. Stunning, absolutely stunning.

Thank You The Summer Set.
Image

Thank You Every Avenue.
Image

Hey Monday and The Cab were both hype sets. There was a lot of moving (a lot of broken toes...ow) and a lot of screaming. I'm pretty sure I am completely deaf now. Just kidding, but really. Hey Monday played Obvious, Candles, How You Love Me Now, Homecoming, and Run Don't Walk. It was completely and utterly amazing. I am so envious of Cassadee Pope's voice, and her ability to sing loud and keep her sound beautiful. Amazing. The Cab was my second favorite (Christofer Drew is number one) concert of the night. They played Bounce, High Hopes In Velvet Ropes, I'll Run, Vegas Skies (AHH!), Some New Song, and Risky Business. Dude, I want to marry Alex DeLeon. His voice just makes me go weak in the knees.

Thank You Hey Monday.
Image

Thank You The Cab.
Image

With all that being said, I pushed and made my way through, finally standing in row number two by the time Never Shout Never came on. Even though I was being tortured in the group of kids for five other sets, it was all worth it. Even the almost passing out about five times was worth it when Never Shout Never himself came on.

I am so freaking happy I went, and I am really glad I didn't let an opportunity like this slip by so easily. It was really the highlight of my life so far, to be honest, and I wouldn't have wanted to night to turn out any better. It just goes to show, when you want something, go and get it.
April 22nd, 2010 at 08:55pm