Hardcore Mom?!? What the???

My mom is so reckless.

In a good way. After my last entry, I apologised and we talked it over so things are well between us.

last night at around midnight or so my mom woke me and my brother up because she was hungry. The converstaion went like this:

Me: But its midnight. Where can we go? ( I was still sleepy)

Bro: MacDonalds

Me: Its closed at this time doofus!

Dad: its open 24/7

Mom: Lets go then!

Me: But aren't you on a diet. (She's not fat just wanted to lose a few pounds)

-Silence-

Mom: Fuck that. I'm going, you coming? ( Her exact words, I swear. I was so shocked she cursed, I went along.)

There we were about 2 moinutes later on the way to Mac's. There for about an hour or so we chatted and ate and chatted some more. My mom made a new friend. She literally spun in her seat and started talking to the customer in the booth behind us. Bythe time we were about to leave, they already exchanged numbers and was panning to meet up sometime next week.

On the drivew home, my parents thought it would be fun to drive around wuth the windows sown and stereo blasting Bon Jovi and God Knows what else while we sing. So that's what we did.

For 1/3 of the journey we sang " Its My Life" by Bon Jovi and we were all screaming the lyrics into the oitherwise silent night air. On the highway was the best because my brother and I stuck our heads out and sung like really loudly.

Mom and Me: It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive

Dad and Bro: It's my life
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said
I did it my way
I just wanna live while I'm alive

All: It's my life

I swear a few lights went on in the housing estate.

Then it was "Freedom" by Paul McCartney. We were like:

All: Talking bout Freedom!
Talking bout Freeeeeedom!
I will fight for our right
To live in Freeeeeedom!

Weird but fun. It was time for an old classic, " I Believe I Can Fly".

All: I believe I can fly

Mom and Dad: I believe I can touch the sky.
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away

Me and Bro: I believe I can soar
I see you running through that open door
I believe I can fly

It was so fun but we had to turn it down as we were nearing home cuz the police station was nearby. I swear although sometimes parents can be irritating and annoying, times like these makes it all worthwhile.

XoXo
Emmy
June 4th, 2007 at 04:41am