My High School Graduation in Two Weeks...AHHH!!!

June 3, 2007

So, I thought that this would be a good time to sit down and write some stuff about what is going on…seeing as it is the last two weeks of high school, our last real week next week, really only a week and a half, and I will regret it if I don’t.

Yesterday I had a headache all day, so I sat around and watched Viva la Bam and Dead Like Me. I finished the first season of that today. And the 2nd and 3rd seasons of Viva la Bam. And because I was feeling better today, I got up and walked down town on my own. It was nice. I got all pretty, little faded hair after a week. It’s still red, and I will dye it tonight, and I believe I will go orange for next week. I have to go buy the dye! And I walked down town listening to Shoot the Moon, which is a really good Pinhead Gunpowder. First time I listened to it all the way through, but then again it’s only fifteen minutes long! I love the song 27, it’s much like the Grouch. I walked into Borders and looked at magazines. There was the Hammer one with Ville on it but he had his mustache and beard and it just looks funny. Sadly, because of that and it’s 10 bucks and I am practically just paying for the pictures, I didn’t buy it again. So I ended up walking all the way down to Walgreens and bought two new shades of cheap $2 lipstick, an energy Arizona Iced tea, a regular tea that’s a new flavor of black and white tea for later, and a Red Bull for Scott, he paid me an extra buck for bringing it back.

Then I got home, finished drinking the Arizona. I’m loading Sum 41 CD’s into the computer, and I should be listening to them but I am distracted by HIM right now which is bad because I am supposed to be listening to Sum 41. We are seeing them next week in concert at BFD! So I think I will get on that now. I was never one to listen to Sum 41 or Blink 182 until now when I have to catch up. Pretending by HIM is just ending on my iTunes.

Right, now, on Friday, I stayed with Mary and Joanna after school, found JT and we went down to the outhouse for a moment to figure out what to do. JT is also…well, Mary’s boyfriend! What the hell happened with that? I mean, it’s great. And the rest of us are truly happy for her, but it’s just odd. Not the fact that they hooked up, but that it was just so out of the blue and in the last three weeks of school! Sure, they have the summer, but after that, they are going to be two hours apart. JT will be at West Valley and Mary at Davis. Oh well, the rest of us have sort of given up. It makes her happy so we will stay out of it. And JT is a great guy really. He’s one of those people who I have known since 6th grade I think. And he still has 6 toes. Haha! That is just great. Whatever Mary. I know that the rest of us are jealous as hell, we don’t want JT, we just want someone. And I am glad that he is treating her right.

And poor Eric, he finally confronted Mary just after JT asked her out about knowing that she liked him. But that just got him shot down again cus she doesn’t feel that way. And Mary seems happier, though annoyingly touchy with her new boyfriend. And then Eric went and got himself a girlfriend who doesn’t go to our school. And Mary and Joanna are completely avoiding him. I tell you, this is really all so fucking stupid like this at the end of the year. But what can you do? I just don’t take part. And I don’t avoid Eric or anything dumb like that.

You know, there are going to be some people that I am really going to miss. I should get Brent and Irene’s emails so I can add them to the others for the letter that we want to keep up, the one Eric actually started. Those are some of the people that I might run into in the future, but it won’t be like now. I mean, Brent I have not known very long. But he made me happy more than he made me sad, and he did help me get over Adam in a stupid way, but it did. And I am going to miss Adam to. I wrote a silly little note to him with my mom’s for this “kiss a senior goodbye” thing. It’s pretty old now that they have done it every year for every holiday, but this is the last time and supposedly it is for the parents and adults a lot. The rest of us have year books. Which we will be signing on Thursday next week after beach day. And then we have a Friday, which I have to come to, but then again it will be the last official day. I won’t skip a day again. Last week, Thursday, I went in and took ¼ of the math final and then left after 1st period because I felt sick with a headache. That sucked, but I did watch Fist Full of Dollars. I need to watch Hang ‘Em High for MCR. Put that in your Netflix Megan!

To continue with last Friday, we went to Joanna’s for awhile and I had buttersquash soup oddly while we watched the first episode of Dead Like Me with Mary for the first time. And then we went to Mary’s house with JT eventually, Jessica and much later on Joy. We sat there and watched like four hours of The Tenth Kingdom. Which was really awesome and we got really hooked but eventually had to give up and got home at like 11:30. I didn’t end up going to bed until 2 last night and I just was doing nothing the whole time.

Now, I believe that is it for now. Last week I did go shopping really randomly with Jessica at Valley Faire. And there was a sale at Hot Topic because they are moving in the mall supposedly next to Victoria Secret. Everything in the store was 20% off. And so I went and bough the high heel black and white stripped shoes that I have been looking at forever and never really thought I should get them or could wear them. But I did. I tried to wear them last week and they were pretty tipsy though I pretended they weren’t and after about half way through the day, they really started hurting. But I think I will try to wear them again tomorrow. I feel a bit better on them now and they are a little more broken in.

You know, I am really trying to put Sum 41 in the computer but it is being really fucked up and iTunes is not recognizing that there is a CD in the drive. So annoying. And people keep coming by, mostly Scott, and asking what I am doing or can he use the computer, and I keep having to say that I am doing homework. But then that is not unusual.

I watched the new music video for Green Day’s Working Class Hero and it was really beautiful and amazing (I also got to see the raw footage on Green Day’s site because I still belong to the Idiot Club). Someone needed to do something like that and I am really proud. I also watched MRC’s new Teenager’s video which was so great too! It was very Smells Like Teen Spirit. I had to show my brother that video (blasphemy, not to have seen Nirvana’s video!). I really am glad they did it very classically like that. I am really sad though that Sam Bayer (who did all American Idiot’s music videos, Bullet in a Bible, Working Class Hero, Famous Last Words, Black Parade and Smells Like Teen Spirit!) has said that he might not be doing any more music videos after WCH! And that is just really sad because he is so good at them. And what about more for Green Day and MCR later on! Ah. We shall see. Maybe we will beg. Anyway, both new videos were amazing and really beautiful.

So, I need to go on now and add another chapter of Pothead Poltergeist, because I skipped a day so instead of today…wait, yesterday was off, today is really on time. See, I am trying to keep posting a chapter every other day. I also posted my really long story poem one-shot called 3 Tales of the Sweet 666s. That was really fun to write. The whole thing is in rhyming couplets too so I was pretty proud.

Jessica started writing a story on Mibba also, but she’s been slacking off. It’s hard to keep going. I am surprised that I really did get all the way through Pothead Polt. As a full story even though it is shorter than the other ones. Jess writes really well though, she should keep going. Though I really could not tell where her story was headed…it was just, very hers.

Well, that is about all I can think of to write about now. I will come back and do this…probably a lot in the next couple of weeks. Because it’ s at the very end of things. And dad seems to think I have a problem accepting it. Really he is just fucking depressing me. I think both him and Mom are actually having nostalgia for when they graduated or something and leaving all the people they knew too. Personally, DUH! Of course I am fucking scared!! Fuck, it’s just so annoying though. I know I know I know!!! But they have been prepping us for this for the last two years!!! And I just can’t wait to get out of high school and to get out of his house. I will get a fucking job when I want a fucking job! And I will get out of his house and have my own computer and shop where I want and eat what I want and drink what I want without having to hide it. Of course I will be leaving all this shit behind, but I am going to have to get out semi on my own at one time or another, whether all at once or like this where is it s a little at a time. I can’t wait to start over. I am done with all of these people, and I’ll cry for them. I know I will, but this is how it is going to be and whether I like it or not, and whether I am ready for it or not, this is what is going to happen.

I know that there are a lot of people who are going to stay with me where ever I go though. That would be Billie Joe, Gerard, Mike, Tre, Ville, Mikey, Ray, Frankie, Dexter…all the people I pretend with and play with in my day dreams. Those are not going to change. And I will be able to keep writing like this. That is not going to change. And I will be able to come home on the weekends.

I guess there is nothing left I can do to be ready for it, for going away. It’s just waiting for it to happen. And I can’t wait for it to be over, but I’ll live the next few week the best I can. Everyone does it. It’s too late to change any of my mind right now so might as well live it up.

Sigh, sorry if you don't understand some of my rambling. I sort of wrote it to myself.
Thanks for listening! xoxo

~Megan
June 4th, 2007 at 04:57am