Witchcraft: Why you should learn to work with others.

There is a basic truth in all forms of witchcraft and that is belief powers your magic or rather your belief is your magic. The more the collective thought the more power you bring to your ritual or spell. With that said, you should try to practice your craft with others; of course it is okay to be a solitary practitioner, but you can learn so much from working with a group or just on other person. I myself have had a teacher in the beginning of my practice, so I was used to a sort of group dynamic in my craft. I learned early on that you can gain so much from practicing with others. A really good friend of mine, Aaron, is a person I trust with my life; we have been practicing our craft together for a few years now. Aaron and I work very well together even though we have very different ways to do our craft; we also focus on different things in our tradition, but we utilize thos differences to make one big picture out of little pieces. That is what you must learn to do when working with others; you must find harmony in a sea of differences.

The most important thing in working in a group or one other person is that you must learn to love and trust the people you practice with. When you trust and love someone you are connected with the person and you are almost on the same level; once you have done that your magic is more in-sync nature because like animals, trees, flowers, stars, and etc people are a part of nature. For instance, Aaron and me were talking one day and we both had this over-whelming feeling of a great amount of energy. I checked a few astrological calenders, nothing special was going on, but Aaron checked a moon calender and come to find out that the full moon was coming with in a few days. We beleive we have become so in tune with nature that we can feel the full moon draw near. This is the point of group work to become in tune with the Universe and your self on a whole new level.

I am off for now, but if anyone would to read a journal about anything, magical or not, please don't hesitate to comment or email me. Many blessings.
April 27th, 2010 at 11:46pm