The Only True Love

The greatest love in the world. Its not romantic love nor is it the love for family, (however I do not know about the love a mother has for her child as I am not a mother) it is the love you have for your friends. Well the love you have for those best friends who you know is deep down your soul mate. Your hetero life partner, if they are the same sex as you and your straight.
Romantic love can fade and diminish over the years, why do you think people cheat? In those friend relationships there is no sex to make things complicated. And can’t really cheat you your friends. Friends pick you, you don’t pick your family, they have to love you. Romantic love? Sometimes you have as little say about who you fall for as you do who your family is. But your friends there is a special bond there. Especially between that of you and your best friend. Your best friend has see you at your worst, and has held you while you cry. They know you better than yourself. Sometimes its as if you have the bond that twins share. You can almost read their mind and they can read yours. You have your secret little codes and can communicate without a word. They know the secrets that your family could never know, and the things you could never tell your lover. That best friend is there then your family disowns you and your lover leaves you.

You would do anything for them. Take a bullet for them. Kill their abusive partner with poisoned black eyed peas and wrap him up in a tap and dump him in a lake (I hope you all got the reference but it is a little dated haha) Love for a friend goes well beyond what you have for a lover as it never fades. And it runs as deep as the love you have for your family. The only true love in this world is that love that you have for your friends.
April 28th, 2010 at 06:33pm