Never Hide your Heart

ya know.. it's amazing how simple words can be to say out loud when your alone but how difficult those words become sometimes when you want to say them to another.. you come up with excuses to wait.. i'll just hold off for another month, and then one day, as sudden as the blink of an eye, it's too late.. and those words you yearned to reach their ear will only echo back to yours as you say them to the empty space where you imagined they would be. those simple words that could have changed everything, that could have made them realize they weren't alone in this world, that all this time you were away from eachother.. there was never a day you didn't think of them or wish you could find them, you always imagined seeing them again, embracing them tightly and laughing about memories past, and saying those words that now tear into your heart like a razor sharp knife. and now history repeats itself and i find myself feeling the same fear and giving the same excuses of past, but this story will not end the same, i will not be that coward again. if you have something you want to say but your afraid of expressing yourself, fight that fear, it can be so difficult sometimes but do it, silence gets you no where, and one day you could pay the ultimate price for it. it's incredible how a word as small and simple as 'love' can be.. yet what a massive impact it can have on a person, how scary and beautiful it can be at the same time. the point to all of this is just to say, never hold in your feelings, never hide yourself from those people you care deeply for, it is so important not to, life is too beautiful and fragile to waste hiding your hearts deepest confessions.
Jason Lee Ober 1983-2010.
May 2nd, 2010 at 07:07pm