American Idiot On Broadway--Green Day Killed Punk Rock?

Hello fellow Mibba usernames. It has been a while since I wrote a journal and I decided to take my boredom out on here. So please excuess my bad spelling and poor grammer and read along if you wish.

On April 25th, 2010, I went to New York on 44th Street to the St. James Thearter to see American Idiot on Broadway. After reading many articles saying that it wasnt very good and Green Day "Offically Kills Punk Rock"; I became a little worried. I have been excitted about this for so many weeks. But what if it's bad, or even horrible? What if they can't sing well? What if the seats are bad? What if something happens during the show? I got rid of those bad thoughts as I walked through the doors. Walking down the hall, eveyone was signing the wall. I began to write "Kierstyn <3's Green Day" when my sharpie ran out. So I gave up, ran back over to my dad and stepped into the area where you can buy merch or a drink. Ironacally, the bar was called "St. Jimmy". Laughing to myself, my dad and I walked into the the little thearter and took our seats.

Near 2:05pm, the lights dimmed down and the curtain rose. Now, I know a lot of people who want to see it and may read this, so I wont write about the play because I dont wanna spoil anything=] So sorry guys x)<3

After the show was over my dad asked "Did you like it?" With a huge smile on my face, I screamed "IT WAS AMAZING!" And it was! From the singing to the dancing, to the many curse words used. The actors did an amazing job. They are the most talented people I have ever seen up upon a stage. If I could I would see this play over and over and over. I loved it with all my heart. It's the most amazing play ever to hit Broadway. No, it's the best Punk Rock Opera to hit Broadway.

So much for Green Day Killing Punk Rock? They're wrong. This play has made over $1,000,000. YA HEARD. That much.

If you're a die-hard Green Day fan like me, then go see it. It's worth the money;; =]
May 2nd, 2010 at 08:55pm