Nightmare on Elm Street

In the original NoES, you knew immediately that Freddy Kruger was a pedophile versus the new NoES where the kids were convinced, to a point, that this so called "friendly" gardner wasn't. I the original Elm Street series, Robert Englund played the infamous Fred Kruger. He was a psychopathic pedophile that preyed on children in his mortal years. As the years pass, the parents of Spring Wood find out his hanous crimes and take his death into thier own hands since the law apparently didn't "justify" his wrongful deeds.

The new Fred Kruger, Jackie Earle Haley, with an absolutely differetn costume. Yes, he might still be burnt, but the make up has a totally uplift. It looks as if the new Fred Kruger was an actual burnt patient and not some man set on fire and left to rot in a boiler room. I admit, the old version of Elm Street was great, for it's time and the effects that it had access to, but the remake is hella better. The graphics, of course, being tremendously better, and Fred Kruger being far more sadistic with it's phenomonal actor.

On the downside, this Fred Kruger was not funnier. Yes, he had his laughs throughout the film, but he was more creepy and not funny, which is what the new directer was probably aiming for, though, I do not know the director's motives. What was an upper for the remake was that you didn't have to drawl into the second or so movie to get all the details of Freddy's death. And might I add, the whole part where Nancy's mother was stabbed through the retnas, and yanked through a mirror was more tantalizingly morbid than the original mother being yanked through a door's tiny window.

There were, of course, several differences between this Nightmare on Elm Street and the original first. There was one survivor, teenager wise of the first batch of kids to survive, and in this one there were two. The original started out with the "one, two," Theme just like the remake, but the remake didnt hesitate to throw in an instant kill, and of the famous Kellan Lutz, who casted Emmett in the horrid attrocity of Twilight. That part made me squeal in delight, and I was like, "Take that gay Twilight actor! Muahahah!" Though, that is just my opinion about Twilight.

Also, the deaths in the new NoES, were terrific! Instead of being caught in tar like carpet on steps, the scene of where nancy had to run through a pool of dark, crimson blood was spectaculor. And to top that, Aaron Yoo having his face smashed into a web cam and a computer after seeming insane over the internet was amazing. One of his famous roles was Ronnie from Distrubia if that helps you any.

Yes, Freddy’s new burned face, or visage looks more grimly realistic and sickenlingly ugly like modern burn victims, but the less latexy look cuts down on Haley’s ability to use the facial expressions to convey Freddy’s grim, sadomasochistic sense of humor, which was the original Freddy guise and is missing until the final act. This is where Freddy is finally unleashed to wreak humorous havoc however he pleases, but to my belief, this is the only downfall of the movie, seeing how the movie unleashes Freddy too late as the first acts shoot with not enough frightening Freddy and far too much boring, angsty, dramatic teens, which are the typical prey of old and modern Slasher movies.

Hopefully, the soon to be Nightmare sequel remakes have more Freddy, who was criticuled for being turned from the scarred slasher of the first movie, into a jokey anti-hero that you would normally see in kiddy films in the original squeals, but then again, people criticize when Freddy is THE ONE who the audience pays to see.

Sorry if bored you. I just had to get this out.
May 5th, 2010 at 07:54am