Insomnia and being a night owl are two completely different things

Insomnia is all about being unable to sleep. I know a few people like that, and I myself get like that sometimes when I get too excited, but for the most part I end up just being a plain old night owl.
Night owls only happen to be people that like to work during the night, rather than the day. I just so happen to BE one of those people, so I know what I'm talking about.
For me, I wake up at sometime between the hours of 1 and 3 in the afternoon and go to bed around 4 or 5 in the morning.
I hate the people that say I shouldn't sleep 'til 1 or 2 or even 3, since they think I go to bed at normal times like a normal person, but I just think WHAT'S NORMAL???
Seriously, if normal is going to bed at 10 and waking up at 7 then SCREW THAT.
I would much rather be up when most people are asleep and be asleep when they're awake than have to not be myself.
I don't know about the rest of you people who have accounts on here, but I HATE it when people try to make me conform. Isn't it enough that I obey the law? Why do I have to follow the rules that make people normal as well??
Ah well, maybe I'm just talking for no reason and spouting off a load.
It doesn't matter, all that matters is that I stay true to myself and that's what I plan to do.
May 5th, 2010 at 10:36am