My First Constructive Criticsm(sp?)

This has possibly been the best message I have gotten. Wait, maybe second best, but this is purely constructive and I really appreciated it. So I wanted to share it with you guys. It's from a Quizilla user, and I hope she doesn't mind that I use this, but anyway, here's her message:

Hi, it's been a really long time since I've messaged you. It's about the story, obviously as you can tell. I think the sequel was very confusing, a little all over the place and I'm not sure if that was intentional or not. I do want a warning on whether this story is Eve falling in love with a transexual, because to be very honest that freaks me out a little. I like the banner, it was very appropriate. The last chapter though, I felt was way too short- I love author's notes but I really don't think that they should be longer than the actual chapter because the Journals are for personal stories. I hope that was helpful to you.

So I'd like to go over every line with an answer probably better than the one I gave her, because I was just in awe of this message!

The sequel is intentionally confusing, you'll understand why in a few chapters. I think y'all will find after a few more chapters, it starts to smooth out. Right now I'm focusing on the new characters and trying to get a feel for them. They're really confusing, I know, but really fun, too. Booth isn't transexual, if that's what she was referring to. If it was like whole thing with him calling her Brittney, he was lying just to make her mad. Just because his first name is Ashley doesn't make him a transgender. Parents do stupid things like naming their sons Tracey, Stacie, Ashley, Marion, stupid bull like that. Booth is a victim of such parents. The banner was on Quizilla, I have no idea how to post images to stories on here. Yeah, it was really short and I suck for that. A little short on inspiration lately because I'm working on a novel for actual career material. But I was impatient to post something, and I hope I get better at that. Sorry. Yes, I should post more journals, but who really reads them, anyway? I adore author's notes, for some sick reason. And the message helped immensely!

I just had to post this, guys. It was a good example to kinda explain things a little. Any other similar questions concerning how confusing it is, I'll be glad to explain it without giving anything of the plot away. I'm really actually trying to jumble it up a little bit, have fun with it. I have it all planned out, though, don't worry. As for pure polt structure, it's not messy. The plot just hasn't been revealed yet.

Hope you guys keep reading! I think I've decided to go onto Damon's POV for my next update, haven't decided yet, lol. Till then, though!

TTFN,
Hannah

P.S Someone also asked me what I read on Mibba. Check out Walking on Eggshells and it's sequel Dancing With the Devil. It's hard to read, but it's really amazing.
May 6th, 2010 at 08:06pm