Tories

"So God was creating man. And his little assistant came up to him and he said: "Hey, we've got all these bodies left, but we're right out of brains, we're right out of hearts and we're right out of vocal chords." And God said: "F*** it! Sew 'em up anyway. Smack smiles on the faces and make them talk out of their arses." And lo, God created the Tory Party." - Phil from Brassed Off.

Never a truer word spoken in my opinion. I simply cannot believe what has happened today even if I was expecting it. David Cameron, a Tory, in charge of our country! Am I the only one seeing a problem? Let's look what happened last time the Conservatives were in charge shall we?

Mines closed, mining communities ruined, suicides increased massively, trade unions destroyed, our countries' industries reduced significantly... need I go on? Of course they did more crap but I can't be bothered. All I can say is that some communities are still feeling the effects of this last Tory government and are still bitter. Very bitter. Many of those communities are now among the worst in Europe; the worst of a whole continent.

Now at least one of my mates is unlikely to get into uni because they're raising fees, another's parents may be made redundant because they work in the public sector. They want to reduce government spending to solve the recession when simple economics shows the government must spend to stop a double dip recession. They favour the rich over the working class so much it's infuriating, and yet people voted for them?! I can almost guarantee in 6 months Gordon Brown will be seen saying "I told you so".

Did I mention I hate the Conservatives? No? Well I do. All I can hope is that the Liberal Democrats sort them out or we're all buggered, and that's putting it nicely.
May 12th, 2010 at 05:28pm