Decision

I'd like to start this ramble off with a story.

The other day, I was in the break room at work, being productive as usual. But staring blankly into space gets boring so I decided to read the newspaper that some better read and more informed person left on the table. Sadly, I don't really care about the news so I flipped to my horoscope.

This particular paper doesn't believe in the whole 'a person from your past will show up unexpectedly' or 'today will bring about change' kind of thing. They use little bits of wisdom and jokes to, I don't know, guide you or help you figure things out. Anyway, I read mine.

It talked about the perils of polyamorous couples. Not so much frowning on what they do but the fact that you can't fully devote yourself, or really even get to know another person, if your affections are constantly split between two or more people.

What it came down to was the fact that anything worth your attention needs all of your attention to really blossom. As it said, you can either go wider or you can go deeper. You can't have both when your divided.

Some of you may have noticed that updates have been a bit slow. Especially on stories that aren't Second Hand. There's a good explanation for that.

While I love the other stories, I'm just not feeling them right now. Maybe not at all. Every time I try to concentrate on one of them, my mind wanders back to Second Hand. It demands my attention and affection now.

The thing is, I really want to give it.

So I've come to a decision. After these stories are finished, I won't be posting any more on the site. My mind and heart are telling me its time to move on to something different. Possibly not more serious but maybe something I can use in a bigger sense.

Time, try as I might to get it to, isn't standing still. Its gotten to the point in my life where I have to do something more. So that's what I'll be concentrating on. That's not to say that I won't be around any more or will never post anything. I'll still be hanging out if anyone wants to talk or whatever. And I'll probably post the occasional one shot or very short story when the mood strikes.

All of my stories will remain up with the exception of Fix and Second Hand. I plan to leave them up for a period of time once Second Hand is finished but, unfortunately, they will come down.

So... yeah. That's about it. Just thought I'd let everyone know :)

Final note, for those of you that read I Won't See You..., I know its been a while since I've updated. I won't lie, I haven't been working on it. I've sort of been hoping inspiration will just strike and I can finally put something out but that hasn't happened. I haven't abandoned it, it will just be going very, very slowly.
May 16th, 2010 at 03:54am