Summer 2010

I thought this summer would be awesome. I thought a lot of things about how this summer would blow over actually but in all honesty, I think this is the worst summer I've ever had in my 14 years of living on this earth.

If you're asking why, it's because this summer, my mother made me work a 9-5 job in the office that's run by the family. What do I do there? Sit around and wait for them to ask me to do something. It's not as if it's the hardest thing in the world. It's just really boring and seriously not where I see myself when I grow up.

This summer I have doubted myself a lot about my future. When school starts on June 9, I'll be a Junior in high school and that's fine with me. I mean I'm growing and crap like that but there is one really big problem. I just don't know where to go after my Senior year next year. I have no idea what kind of course I want to take for college and I don't know what kind of job I want to get. Usually, I'm one who wants to get things planned out and sometimes I go with them but other times, I just ditch the plan and do whatever the hell I want but all these 'where I wanna go to for college' and 'what course will I take' and 'what kind of job do I want to have when I grow up' things are starting to scare me a bit. What happens if I never get to decide? I wouldn't want to keep switching courses after each semester...

So I'm writing this because I wanna know what you guys think. Suggestions?
May 16th, 2010 at 08:37am