A 13 Year Old's View On Politics

Yeah yeah yeah. I got it. I'm 13. I can't possibly have any political views. I can't vote. So what does it matter? I'm going to put my opinion out there. I'm not trying to change anyone's minds, I'm just stating my opinions. So... I'm not going to go over every single thing. Just the ones I feel strongly about.

Political Parties- Are you kidding me? I believe they are pointless. I think because of the party system, nothing gets done. Regardless of how great an idea is, if it came from a democrat, you know there is going to be republicans that disagree simply because they don't want to agree with a democrat. It's childish.

Abortion- I think that although there are special cases (like rape) where pregnancy was uncontrolled, 99% of all pregnancies could be prevented through protected sex. If you don't want a kid, use the pill/ condom. There's always adoption (which is another issue entirely). If it puts the mother's life in danger, then I think abortion is acceptable. But as a general issue, I am pro life.

Environment- I'm not a huge environmentalist, okay? Don't shoot me. I think it's horrible though that people just throw their garbage on the ground. I also think it's ridiculous that everyone keeps talking about how we need to do something. Quit talking. Make a law. Stop the use of plastic bags. Even something simple.

Equal Rights/ Opportunities- You can't honestly tell me you think all Americans have equal rights and opportunities. That's not true. There's schools, where there aren't all the same classes. Some schools might have ten sports, where others have three. And as far a racism goes, it's still there. I don't know what it's called (you can tell me in the comments) but I call it reverse racism. In order to make sure that we aren't being racist, we need to make sure that there are equal amounts of each race. You have to put your ethnicity on a job application. So that they aren't racist. If we're trying to not be racist, aren't you supposed disregard the color of someone's skin?

So... I can't think of any more issues I want to talk about.

Oh. My. God. Someone actually has opinions. And *gasp* it's a kid!

~Michaela
May 17th, 2010 at 10:25pm