Modern Obsessions

Today the average teen will watch MTV which used to be music videos 23 hours everyday then they would play an hour of a show. Now you hardly see music and its nothing but fake reality shows. Yes, fake 'real'ity shows. There is nothing real about finding love through partying in the sluttiest dress you can find.

What happened to all the old fashion things in life? I mean now a days in order to be asked out your required to find the shortest shorts that could be considered underwear. Then your asked if you want to 'get with' someone. What was wrong with being asked to go steady?

And now in order to even be considered datable you have to be a cheater and a liar to be worthy of our time because it makes you look like a 'pimp'. Then there is the occasional party or invite. People want you to have 'fun' by their definition. And I'm talking all ages here people. It doesn't matter how protective parents are. The more protected the more tempted is the moto for teens today.

Then there is love...ooh sweet sweet love. Lust is one way to descirbe couples today because to be honest when they say dancing I say dry humping. Gross! Dude come on since when did grinding become a dance? If our ancestors saw us today they would have a heart attack.

Now if a guy is slightly romantic these days he is considered gay! What is so wrong with being like that?! I mean sorry for not being an airhead who cheats with every sleeze bag he see's!

I mean I may only be 13 but there is one guy at my school right now who I am head over heels for. I did not say love I said head over heels. The way his eyes smile in that annoying involuntary way. That bastard. I mean he is my reason for getting up in the morning. he has one flaw. He is a major flirt!

He sends mixed signals left and right! One day he pulls out a chair for you, gives you hugs and talks about your future with him. The next he is hugging up on all the other skanks at school! Its annoying!

Guys just naturally suck. Us writers never write it like it is in romance stories because at the end of the day most of us know we wont get that happy ending. And most writers know and fully believe that fairytales end once you Elementary School.

So what are we left with? Real life. No, I dont mean the modernized reality television's definition of real life. I mean brudal, bittersweet, and tiring real life. Our only satisfaction is our pay checks at the end of the day. Not who we went to bed with. Well thats me MadamnnnMisfortune bluntly pointing out life :]

XOXO MadamnnnMisfortune
May 18th, 2010 at 05:45am