What I Should've Done in High School

Hello, as you might or might not know, I have recently graduated from high school. Now, I will say that I have enjoyed every single day at my school. Great teachers, cute girls, awesome friends, what more could a guy want. However, there are a few things about High School that I regret, not because I did them, but rather because I didn’t do them. Here’s a list of things that, looking back, I should have done that would’ve made my time at high school even better.

1. Join the Track Team
My mother had always pestered me about being a part of something involving school on the belief that not only would I make a lot of friends with similar interests, but it would help me come out of my shell so to speak. I guess I should’ve joined the track team when I was able. I do like to run and wander around aimlessly, might as well make a sport out of it.

2. My First Kiss
Now, I’ve NEVER had a girlfriend before, and I’m still single. My first kiss was the result of a dare. I still remember how embarrassed and awkward I had felt afterwards. What I should’ve done instead of running off with my face flushed red, was that I should have just wrapped my arm around her and held her tight, saying, “Was it good for you as it was to me?” Granted, it’s cheesy and lame, and I would’ve probably been throughly smacked, but it’s better than crawling back to my “shell”, right?

3. Participated in a Senior Prank
I mean, sure, there’s always the risk of jail. But, hey, I got nothing better to do other than sit in front of my computer drinking Root Beer all day, so why not? Plus, life is a drull, and I NEED some adventure.

4. Participated in My School’s Book Club.
Seriously, I LOVE to read, and it would’ve gave me the opputrnity to meet those who enjoy literature as much as I do.

5. Checked More Books at the School Library

6. Should’ve Dressed as a Superhero/Villain for Superhero Day
Yes, my school had such a day, and now I kick myself in the rear for not taking part of it. I would’ve gone as Calendar Man. Though I highly doub t anyone at school would’ve known who he is…

7. Should’ve Dressed in a Halloween Costume at School on Halloween
Yes, we were allowed to. I would’ve gone as a Pirate.
May 19th, 2010 at 02:43am