Good Reading....

I've been stuck between two books lately. One is, "Slim and Howdy's Adventures" by Brooks and Dunn. Which honestly, I only bought because of the fact that Brooks and Dunn were on the back and (of course) because of the free cd inside.

It's a really cool western theme story. One with many misadventures and escaping through the skin of their teeth while trying to make a quick buck with both guitar pickers, Slim and Howdy. I just really love it.

And the other book I've been stuck on, is "The Lake Of Dead Languages" by Carol Goodman.

It's a weird story written in the first person, (which I personally despise and hence why the Twilight series was hard to read for me), but despite that, it's actually really interesting. It's about an all girl's school called, Heart Lake, which is set by Heart Lake. The story is from the view of an alum of Heart Lake who has returned as a Latin teacher. Jane finds her students enamored with the old stories about Heart Lake and the death of the "Three Sisters" in which only one sister died of a fever. Heart Lake has a peculiar power to it, and the legends say that the lake calls out to the girls and eventually three will commit suicide.

And that's all I'm telling you about it. So if you want to read more, I highly suggest picking up these books.

Also, because I'm such a literary whore, maybe you could offer a story or two that I could take a peek at? I'll read pretty much anything, with the exception of the cliche high school romance stuff. And I always comment. (Always...)

Hope that everything is going good on your end because it has stopped raining here and now we have some sun. *dances*
May 20th, 2010 at 05:46pm