Why I Prefer Pirates Over Ninjas.

So, many people asked me why I prefer pirates over ninjas after looking at my profile. I give them a list of reasons, but they weren’t very elaborate or in-depth. So, these are the in-depth reasons why I prefer blackguards over black garbs any day.

To me, pirates are the embodiment of freedom. Think about it, it’s just you and the wind at your back, sailing the high seas, traveling far and wide from every corner of the earth. There’s the thrill of discovering new lands, the smell of the salty sea, and the ocean spray as the front of the ship dives right into the wind-swept waves. There’s no responsibilities, no worries, it’s just you and big, wide, open world before you, its fruits ripe for the picking. There’s also the rum, and the beautiful, busty wenches who serve it to you. There’s also the adventure! Oh, the adventure! Searching the high seas for a ship to raid, and then there’s the thrill of the ensuing battle. Two ships trading blows with one another, cannon to cannon. And, not only is it a test of strength, it’s also a contest between two hardened seamen as they try and outwit one another with each other’s knowledge of the seas and seafaring. And when the ships finally close in, there’s the clash of steel and the smell of gunpowder as gun smoke fills as the air. There’s the danger of being shot down while boarding the enemy’s ship, and the constant danger of having cold steel being shoved into your back as you fight of three marines or three other pirates in front of you.

What also makes pirates so great, is that they aren’t bound by the law of the land. The sea is their master, and their master only. If they want something, they take it. They’re not pressured by morals or laws or societal norms. If there’s a beautiful woman on board the enemy’s ship, you throw her down and claim her as your own, if there is a huge sack of gold around the enemy’s waist, you take it. Plus, by being a pirate, you do whatever it takes to win a fight. Kick sand in their eyes? Psych them out? Wield two swords at once? It’s all fair game. In the end, they should’ve known better than to cross blades with a warrior of the sea. Then there’s the excitement in exploring uncharted islands, wary of the dangers that might lurk within its jungles. Savage cannibals? Vicious animals? Poisonous plants? who knows? Oh, and let us not forget about the riches. All of that gold, all of those sparkling jewels in the hot, midday sun. Another thing I like about being a pirate is the threads. I would LOVE to wear a large tri-corn hat and eye patch with a large cutlass around my waist. I would also carry a flintlock pistol and a poison-dipped dagger, and quite possibly, a grenado or two. Oh, let’s not forget the awesome pirate songs and sea shanties as well.

Yes, indeed. While I have nothing against ninjas, I must admit that I would probably enoy the life of a sea dog over the life of a ninja. Plus, I hear the ladies dig pirates. So, that’s always the plus. And yes, I know, I’m totally aware that I’m glorifying pirates, and I am quite aware of what they were REALLY like, but hey, a guy can dream, huh? So, tell me, which do you prefer? I would love to hear your thoughts on why you prefer a pirate or a ninja.
May 21st, 2010 at 08:30am