Random Stranger

There was this one day when I felt like talking to a random stranger. So I did, via internet. I've always been afraid of the internet's powers somehow. I mean I've only been forwarded so many articles about cyber-stalking and crap. Anyway, I felt brave that day and decided to go for it. At least if it's online and i don't give out any specifics, then I'll be safe right? I could easily disconnect. So I went for it, on the site I've been hearing that some celebrities actually use sometimes: chatroulette.com.

Can I just say, some of the things I saw were absolutely horrible. I come from a conservative place so it's safe to say I've been scarred for life. For those of you who may not know, chatroulette is a site where people log-on to talk to people from all over the world with a webcam, a microphone and chat. So I just kept skipping and skipping all the bored old men and i got skipped too since all i was showing was my hair. Then after a little bit, it stopped on a screen where all i could see was a shirt. So no creepy stuff. I later found out it was a he. So he said 'Hi' first and so I started chatting with him too. I switched off my microphone, I was still too chicken to talk. And eventually, we started an actual chat-conversation. We were sharing random non-specific information. And eventually he asked me to tilt down my cam to see my face. Of course I also asked him to tilt his cam up. It was only fair right? I found out he was a Braziian guy who was really tall, had a pet Akita, he went to night school, enjoyed video games and slept all day and was planning to head out to California for summer break. I also showed him my pet, talked about school and asked him random questions. He was really nice to talk to. And he seemed genuinely interested in the conversation. He noticed the little things which was really sweet and he made a huge fuss over his getting me to smile. I really enjoyed talking to him then my browser decided to disconnect me from site. I tried logging on again and looking for him but I had no such luck. Well it was nice getting to talk to him. He could have been an awesome friend. Too bad though. Life's like that.
May 22nd, 2010 at 02:20pm