Frustrations

ugh. Frustrations and stress tonight.

First, the band Hollywood Lies is breaking up. If you haven't heard of them, they're a pretty good band and really nice guys (I'd say Down and Dirty is their best song, although Secrets is pretty good too). One of my friends, who they know because she was one of their first fans, just turned 18 two weeks ago and they came to visit her and wish her happy birthday (although mainly just because they were in the area). Mat is really nice, like a brother or a best friend you can tell anything to. Marc (i just love how he spells his name :) ) is like the cute little shy guy you just want to get to know better. Johnny didn't talk too much, like he's trying to pull the whole "mysterious guy" thing, but Danny is for sure the crazy guy who is the number one first to get drunk at the party. Unfortunately, we only found this out after we were talking in the kitchen and he walked in in nothing but his boxers and a Rock Band guitar. And surprisingly, no, there was no alcohol or other substance involved. We're just that cool all by ourselves.
Anyway, that's really upsetting. The friend whose birthday it was is totally freaking out. She's going to be a wreck tomorrow.

Then I got home to flashing police lights. At the corner of my street, there is a man holding his family hostage in the house with a knife. So we went inside. Now, hours later, the police are still here, he is still in there, and they are backing everyone up so now the police cars are right in front of my house, even though we live a block away. There are firetrucks, and they are talking about needing to gas the guy out of the house. I just hope no one gets hurt, but these situations always end badly.
My brother is watching the lights flash in through the front window and is talking about how they are making "dancing triangles" on the wall. His words, not mine. He's just excited that the news crews just showed up.
I don't live in a bad neighborhood. We've never had anything like this before. Part of me is upset and worried. Of course I would be. The other part is upset because it is almost midnight and I just want to go to bed.
May 25th, 2010 at 06:43am