Thoughts of 5 a.m.

So I can't sleep and I'm left here with my thoughts
I can see them staring back at me waiting for me to speak.

Do I have the courage?

Can I face them head on or will I just sink, like a boat filled with water?

They're so many that I just can't keep track. I lose all sense of time and begin to wonder, was that real?

Was that for you or for me? Was it for him or for she?

Too many times have I heard the same words whispered in my head. A thousand times like the marching of ants, if you listen closely you could almost hear their footsteps...don't you think?

It's like that story, "Instead of looking up, look down to the ground and squint your eyes so very small..." Yes, and with the right about of imagination and sugar, you can see them! I believe it...do you?

Can I keep hope alive in the little girls heart that sits in the corner and weeps? She cries for the dragon that lays beside her, sick...with the flu. Afraid she may lose him, but Mother knows just the remedy, does she not?

And as you look out into the darkness and swear you see something move (not it wasn't your imagination, dummy) the clock strikes twelve and out they come. Trolls, trouble-making, ankle biting trolls. Jumping up and down, all in search of the fairy Queen. Will they ever find her?

Gently as I try and lay my head down to sleep, I think some more. Will Johnny Depp ever come and runaway with me? Only in my dreams of course. My thoughts seem to cease, as my eyes fall heavy. Oh, what awaits tomorrow you think? More dragons and trolls? Perhaps vampires and pixies instead?

Of course, we'll think of more...the thoughts of 5 am.
May 27th, 2010 at 06:25am