Paranormal activities, anyone? [long-ish]

I read earlier, some true stories that people have experienced with "ghosts" or "spirits" and it occurred to me that I in fact experience some of the things they mentioned in my everyday life.

It all started when I was as young as three. I screamed at my mother telling her there was a woman. Obviously there being nothing there, my mother asked me what she looked like. I told her, which faintly I can only remember saying that she had a lilac jumper on with a turquoise green patch on it. My mother was shocked at who I seemed to describe - my great-grandmother, whom I never met.

Some years later I had been staying in my auntie's house for the night. Her house is an old Swedish dark wooden style (in Scotland!) and the bathroom is annoyingly located downstairs. I got up during the night and I needed the toilet, I shook my auntie's arm and asked her to come with me because I was about 7 or 8 and very scared of the dark. She agreed and told me to wait at the top of the stairs while she got her slippers on. I seen some woman, she was old, thin and she had a terrified look on her face. I didn't know who she was or why she was there. She looked real though, like I could reach out and touch her. She seemed to stare right through me. "Don't go, no. It's dangerous," she told me. I stood there not knowing what to do. Where my auntie was at this point - again, no clue. The woman waved her hands and me, continuously telling me not to go for some reason then the power went off.

I've moved around a bit and a house I lived in not too long ago had this really eerie feel to it. You know, when you just feel a presence? In this house I gained a friend. Becky. She wasn't imaginary nor real. I could see her, talk to her, just like a real kid but she was constantly there. She argued with me and believe it or not, controlled my thoughts. As crazy as it seems. When I was about 9 I had enough of her and her getting me into trouble. Yes, again, believe it or not but things like my homework or other possessions would go missing and end up in the weirdest of places - places I would never be able to reach. So I told her straight to leave me alone and not come back. There was a sudden gust of wind from my window (which was closed) and the curtains rattled. I screamed but stayed still. This Becky never bothered me after that.

Now, I live in a new house. Well, I say new but I've lived here for four years. I still get these feelings that there's someone there. But it feels nice, safe, if you will. I hear whispering in my room which sounds like complete gibberish but it's sort of soothing in a way. At night as I go to go to sleep there's a warm breath over my forehead - every single night. I really do sound crazy, but honestly, that's what I feel. My things still go missing or end up in weird places but it's rather amusing. The teacher has never heard the excuse "My ghost hid my homework" before, so that was rather good outcome. However, sometimes it can get a bit creepy. My dog has this obsession with barking, sometimes I don't know whether she's barking at something outside or something else. It's hard to tell. She'll bark at the air, my Elvis flag or my Jimmy posters. And recently, as I took pictures in my room there's started to be one, two, maybe even three orbs present in the pictures which has never happened before.

So, you guys got any experiences you'd like to share? :D
May 28th, 2010 at 02:25am