Playstation: Broke

Yeah, this may not be considered "worthwhile" by some of our staff but it's important to me.

I'm sitting there, playing Final Fantasy VIII (8) and I get to the end of the first disc, after you fight Edea and Squall gets a massive shard of ice shoved through his chest, falls and Princess is all like "Nooooooooooooooooo!" It tells me to "Please Insert Disc Two" I get up, grab the case, pop open the cover of the Playstation 2 (we've had for nigh on 7 years), grab Disc One, put it back in the case, put Disc Two in, double checked to make sure I had the right Disc before closing the top.

WARNING: WRONG DISC! I'm like, "Wtf?" Hit the reset button, it goes to the Browser Screen. I take the disc out, clean it, put it back in, nada. Grab Final Fantasy IX (9), try each disc in that game, grab the Sims 2, for the PS2, still nothing.

Does ANYONE have ANY idea what the HELL could be wrong with my playstation?

Is it just old age? The eye needs to be replaced? It's a thin model, 2002 or so, after they made the fat ones obsolete, with the slide out disc cartridge. Pop open top, hit reset button, the double power-cord, uncommon amoungst the old playstations.

Please, I need help. Yes, I sound pathetic, but I hate not finishing a game once I've started it. I wanted to be done with it by Sunday, but, it's 12:14am Sunday morning and it's broke, I'm only on Disc two. ::cry:
May 30th, 2010 at 07:15am