I just want to rant a little bit about the so called 'authors' on here.

They kind of get on my nerves, for 2 MAIN reasons.

Reason one, demanding comments. >.>
I don't think they should get so big headed that they think their story is TRULY worth someones time to comment. Do you think real authors can stop mid story and be like 'For the next chapter I need at least 10 people to tell me how utterly amazing my story is.'.
And for the argument; they they just want feedback, have they stopped to think that maybe people think they are on the right track and they don't need to change anything?
It truly drives me up the wall. I mean really if your story was horrid people wouldn't be reading.

The second reason, and probably the one that kills me the most. Authors that are having a hard time posting on ONE story, starting up a second or third, and telling people to read that one. I'm sorry but why would I want to read some of your other work just to be left hanging?
And don't get me wrong, I understand it is hard, and I know sometimes it take a longer time to type out a chapter and get it up, but I don't want to hear about other stories that are just going to be like the last.

Really, is there any person on here that just post to post? Not wanting a pat on the head like a dog?

On another note, since I am ranting already, I sometimes think the layouts people pick for their story layouts are UGLY. >.> I wont even read them if they are to out there. One it hurts my eyes to try and read something like light pink on a white background, and two you know how embarrassing it is to try and read a story with peoples faces or half naked men or women as the background? I almost feel like it is something I have to do in secret like watching porn. When I should be able to tell people about them.

Anyways that is just some of my thoughts.
I have been deciding if I was going to post this or not.

Bye
Bethanie
June 3rd, 2010 at 06:49pm