Will October Ever Come?

Okay so it's been about 2 or 3 weeks since the Penguins season ended and life couldn't suck more. All that's left is the Chicago vs Philadelphia series, both teams which I hold a grudge against. I loved the Chicago Blackhawks until Marian Hossa came along, being a Penguins fan I will forever have a sour relationship with him. That sort of jepordized my love of the Blackhawks, I still love them but I DO NOT want to see Hossa win the cup. Then comes Philly, the biggest rival of my beloved Penguins, so I really don't want to see them and their fans have bragging rights. However, I have found myself rooting for them for much of this series, no matter how much I tried to will myself to root for Chicago. I blame it on this: love is much stronger than hate. That applied in the Philly vs Montreal series too. When Montreal knocked us out I thought I would be rooting for them for the rest of the playoffs, I was wrong. Despite Montreal being one of my favorite teams, they had hurt the ones I loved, so I was rooting for the Flyers. Now, Hossa had hurt the ones I loved so once again I find myself rooting for those I hate.

I do not blame the Penguins for anything that happened to them. I don't blame Fleury for not being on stop of his game, I do not blame Malkin for not showing up. I don't blame Ponikarovsky for not figuring out that there are more games after the regular season. I don't blame Gonchar for his poor performance in game 7 because lets face it, we all have off days. Sure I wish his off day hadn't come then but what can you do?

Bottom line is, they're my boys and I love them. No matter how bad they play or if they win or lose, I love them and I will stand behind them. I was a fan throughout the dark years so of course I will be a fan when we go out in the 2nd round.

Despite me wanting October to come, I don't want July 1st to come. I don't think I can stand losing Gonch, or Billy, or Cookie, or any of our free agents. Except for maybe Poni, he doesn't want to be here so let him walk, but I will always hold a soft spot in my heart for him. The only good thing about July 1st is that I'm still holding onto my fantasy that Army will come back, and this year, once again he's a free agent, so I will be stuck to the Penguins/Thrashers websites all summer.

Oh well, I guess I'll just kick back and enjoy my summer, praying each and every day for it to go faster. Bye guys!

Go Pens, forever.
June 6th, 2010 at 04:49pm