I am boring

I've become really really boring and I don't like it.
My buddies invited me to go to a theme park as a spur of the moment thing, and I got nervous and said no....even after much persuasion.

With exams and stuff fast approaching, I feel like I can't waste anytime doing fun things, just because I want to go to Southampton so bad. Southampton has become my life these days...it's all about getting away from Gloucester and going to Southampton. I realise I have a really sad life.
That, and I have parents who will immediately object once I ask them if I could go. My friends wanted me to lie, but I just can't do it...there's too much effort and I'd get anxious.

Gah, I wish they would understand that my parents aren't like theirs and don't see it the same way as british parents do. Although I'm 18, I'm still a child to them, and as long as I live in their house, I have to abide by their rules and no matter how much and how many times I ask them, the answer will always be no. There is NO POINT!

It bugs me that my friends, find it easy to tell me that I am 18 and that in the eyes of the law I am an adult, and that I should just keep asking my parents. It's like why don't you try living with them for your whole life and you'll see where I'm coming from and why I can't do things.

There are times when I wish that my parents were more lenient on me, because it would make my life easier, but I fear that if they were, I might not be the person I am today and that I might have gone off the rails like I was starting to when I was 14.
June 8th, 2010 at 12:40am