Silens Oriens

In Latin, "The Dead Morning"

Yes, it sounds a bit dark, but it's actually a very peaceful morning for being in a house with two small children and no parents. This past week has been odd in that way--just very quiet. As you can tell from my previous entries, despite the quiet, my mind has been very loud. The curse of my silences' is that I think more than usual. My mind becomes a torrent of thoughts, and this is usually the only sensible outlet. It is very helpful to know I can write these things down and really have no purpose, maybe even getting some individuals back on track in their own mind. Today, at least for now, I don't have much to speak of. My thoughts at the moment, have no definite course, which isn't in the least a bad thing. Sometimes, instead of forcing your thoughts into actions, it's better to just...drift. If you close your eyes long enough, you can picture every detail you are thinking of. Those little dots of light behind your eyelids are thoughts; that's why they are so rapid, so fleeting, so innumerable. You can envision every minute detail of any picture you can conjure up; a loving smile, a tragic story, anything. I cannot begin to count the threads I've drawn from the visions behind my eyes, and how I weaved them into a story or a poem.

But, look at me, I ramble. I suppose there isn't much to day on such a Silens Oriens.

Good morning, my friends.
June 8th, 2010 at 10:18pm