Pretty, ugly, or whatever is in between?

I have realized something today. People spend too much time wanting to be pretty. I know what your probably saying, "you only just figured that out? Wow" but I really only just noticed it. I've been thinking of it ever since I read the Uglies series by Scott Westerfield. In the future, people have turned to getting operations that make them gorgeous and perfect.

Is that really what's going to bee happening in the future? The way things are going now, I don't see any proof otherwise. I wouldn't do it though; I'm not the most beautiful girl in the world, but I'm happy with myself. Most girls, and even guys, worry too much over what everyone sees them as.

If people would just be happy with themselves, and would QUIT CARING ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THOUGHT ABOUT THEM... There would be no plastic surgery. No one would be even considering changing their looks, because they'd be happy with who they were. I include myself in that completely.

It shouldn't matter if you have long or short hair, if you have curly or bone straight hair, if you're black or white or asian or european, how short or tall you are... Just keep thinking that you're lucky to be alive and you need to use that to your advantage. Being pretty isn't everything, as you've probably heard before.

If you want to be pretty, i'm not saying that you don't have a right to. Hey, I know I want to look good; almost all the time, even when i'm sleeping(lol). But don't let it take over everything else that should matter a whole lot more.

_TECH_
June 9th, 2010 at 05:25pm