SAOSIN Gig=AMAZING

I am drenched in sweat, seventy percent of which is not my own. My heart is racing, my ears ringing and I’ve just emphatically framed a nondescript piece of paper scribbled on messily with pen. For me though, the scribble isn’t just a scribble, it’s Cove Reber’s autograph, frontman of one of my favourite bands of all time-SAOSIN. I’m drenched in sweat (and couldn’t care less) because I just got home from their gig and can I just say, WOW. Now, I love Saosin so I’m of course biased when it comes to anything they do (I really love it all) but they were AMAZING. Energetic, dynamic, great with the crowd and non-egotistical, and they played a perfect mix of songs from both their albums and even a few from their EP (though ‘Bury Your Head’ was unfortunately skipped despite it’s printing on the set list). There’s something to be said for a band where all the members converse equally with the crowd like they’re friends and stick around after to sign autographs, they just seem like genuinely nice people who not only make brilliant music but are grateful for the fans and the people who come out to support them. I loved the show, love them, LOVE their music. If you have never heard their music, go to YouTube or Myspace right this minute and make sure that you do!
xx
June 10th, 2010 at 01:20pm