Hello, my name is lobster. What's yours?

Yesterday was my last day of school; my finals were done by 10:45. So from around 11:15 to 6:45, I was wandering around the (slightly seedy) lake-front part of the town with my friends, and then we walked to youth group.

We were in and out of the shade and buildings and we were constantly moving, so I thought I'd be okay without sunscreen, despite the fact that my skin is paler than the average piece of paper.

I was wrong. Very wrong.

At the moment, I am a lobster. And I am having far too much fun poking my skin, watching it turn white then red again. It's really painful. And the backs of my legs got burnt, too, so now when I bend my knees the skin sticks and it hurts so badly. :(
I guess I got what I deserved. XD

In other news, I'm working on my photography this summer. Don't worry, I'm not going to be one of those teenage girls who takes a billion macro pictures of flowers and her eyeliner'd eyes and razors and then calls herself a photographer.
I just need to be good enough to get by.

Previously, I've had two really good (like professional level) photographer friends, and they could take pictures for me to use as references for my art. However, both these people are becoming total snobs. They're demanding credit, which I normally have no problem with. However, if I get into shows, there's no way to credit them. I'm allowed to use pictures I didn't take for references, I just can't credit them. And they're pissed.

So now, I have to be my own photographer most of the time. I have a natural eye for composition and a good camera, but I've got a shaky hand and I'm not very good at lighting. So I just have to get good enough that I don't have to credit anyone. :)

How has your summer been so far?
June 11th, 2010 at 08:12pm