Love's got the world in motion and I know what we can do! [Football songs. World cup. Shizzle]

Issue number 1 & 2!!

In 1990 (when I was barely a year old) New Order and John Barnes created what is by my estimation the greatest football song ever recorded!! Some of you may only know this song as the song that is currently on the Mars advert, but it's awesome and I bloody well love it. You may also know the rap from Gavin and Stacey but hey ho!

So err, World In Motion is awesome. But then in my opinion England have a few very spirit-rousing songs which always get me excited for the football. The only problem I had with last night's match against the USA was that I had no beer to drink whilst watching it. Bad times :(

But back to the point of football songs the other song that gets me going is Three Lions (Football's Coming Home) because nobody can resist singing along to that even if the only part of the song you know the words to is "Football's coming home, it's coming home!" or Vindaloo. Enough said.

But of course, this is all of my own opinion. I like football songs (I like anything that makes me want to dance to be perfectly honest with you) and I watch football. I was happy with last nights match - of course had Green not made that mistake it would have been bloody awesome but still at least we came away with a point.

Now Germany-Australia tonight, our family are still in debate who we want to see win but I think we're swinging towards the Socceroos. I'm not entirely sure who I want to win, but we shall see.

Issue number 3!!

This isn't really an issue to be honest, I wasn't even sure what to put for 'Shizzle' I just wanted there to be another point to my journal. I could tell you I'm watching Alice In Wonderland right now with my family. I've already seen it (the Tim Burton version that is, not the animated version which I also own) but my sisters and mum haven't. I think it's just a bit snazzy.

What I really want to see, however, is Tim Burton getting his teeth around Frank Beddor's Looking Glass Wars Trilogy which are some of my favourite books ever - much better than the Twilight series. Much much much better. Infinity times better in fact.

Anyway, now I've plugged that and gone on about the World Cup I shall love you and leave you all in peace :)

xoxo
June 13th, 2010 at 06:55pm