Comments...

Okay, so I guess we've had a misunderstanding and I have to clear a few things up.
I am not a bitch. I am not a comment-whore.

I actually do know that comments aren't everything, because I rarely ever ask for them. Because you should feel free to express yourself in a reply or not. Comments really don't mean everything, but they do mean something.

To someone who worked hard on a project and present it to a class full of kids, and when you're done everyone just stares at you, it's kind of unnerving and not very encouraging to keep going.

It's not the comment itself but the feedback. Did I write well or was it crap? I continue to write for the readers to enjoy so I like to know what they like. I mean, without your feedback I would have probably quit uploading stories a long time ago. For the people who have commented on this like enterprise., Renegade, Goldy Locks, IHeartAlexGaskarth!!, Drop Dead Halfpipe, xiluvmusicx, violeteyes and even more have inspired me to keep writing. People like enterprise. who has literally been with me since the beginning of this story and has commented since then. A chapter just doesn't feel complete to me until she puts in her two cents.

If anyone at all tells you that comments don't matter and they only write for themselves, they're complete liars. If that were true they would just keep their stories on Word documents. Writers come to sites like this for you, dear readers, to read. Any author on here will agree that the comments make a difference.

So for anyone who can't understand, that's fine. But don't try and tell me that YOUR feedback isn't important. Because you don't know. I'm the recipient of the comments and I decide if they're meaningful or not. I'm not telling you that you have to comment on every single one of my chapters, or even at all. I can't make you do shit. I would be a hypocrite to say that everyone should comment on every chapter, because I don't even do that myself. But I do make an effort to try and comment on every story I read at least once. I don't always, because let's face it, we're all lazy 21st century young adults.

So in conclusion, you do not have to comment. Ever. But it would be appreciated if you did so every once in a while. Tell me that Tuck's being a douche or Acelynn's being too whiny. This is as much your story as it is mine. I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my author's note in chapter one, but some of you offended me with your response to it. I got many nasty comments and messages about my little freak out.

I don't want to be one of those authors who say: "Okay, I'll update when I get 20,000 comments on this chapter." Because that's bullshit. And I've read those stories and it sucks waiting for some author to update like that. But I can understand them because they've been pushed to their breaking point. I promise I will never do that, though.

So yeah, go back to your life before you were tainted by this ramble... If you actually read this whole things then props to you. thanks.
June 16th, 2010 at 10:43pm