Yeah, I decided I wanted to write a journal entry. (RIP Granny Nina)

Okay, so, I decided I wanted to start writing a journal and decided I would post it here. How exciting!

Anyway, my life has already been a bit rough for the last few years but on Sunday past my daddy got a call from his sister, Teresa, at like 11.30pm. I immediately knew something was wrong, especially when I heard my daddy rushing down the stairs like a mad man and straight out to his car.

I was just sitting there thinking, What the hell is happening?

Next thing my mummy came into my room and said that my Aunt Teresa said there was something wrong with my granny, my daddy's mother, but she didn't know what is was that was wrong because my daddy couldn't make out what she was saying because she was crying too much.

So, me mummy, brother and I sat waiting for a phone call from my dad to tell us what was wrong. My little brother was asleep.

A little after my dad called my mum and told her what had happened.

My mum came upstairs and told my older brother what happened and then came into my room to tell me. All she said was, 'She's dead.'

I just broke down.

So, for the last week I have been feeling like, to be quite honest, shit. I've been in my granny's house getting everything ready for the funeral that took place yesterday. My whole family was together for most of the week. I can't remember the last time my whole family had been together.

It has been one of the most emotional weeks I have experienced, and I have experienced quite a few.

The only thing that I find comforting right now is everyone keeps telling me that she is happier now, and she is with her three sons, daughter and husband that all died before her. She has five children still living. But, anyway, they all keep telling me that she is happier now with them and she had been saying for a while now that she just wanted to die, as she had nothing to do during the day as she lived in the country with my Aunt Teresa, her husband Michael and son Ronan and they would all be gone to work or school during the day and she couldn't walk very far anymore, so, she had nothing to do.

She got what she wished for. She went to bed on Sunday 13 June 2010 at around 10.00pm after having a cup of tea and a round of toast, she changed into her night dress, got in her bed, pulled the covers up to her chin, grabbed her rosary beads securely in her hands and died.

Now, she is looking down at her remaining family members, her one remaining brother, her children, grand children and her great grand children from heaven.
June 17th, 2010 at 08:07pm