The odds of my life continuing seem to be growing short.

Though, I will survive.

I got my license today. My first solo trip was to youth group...it's maybe twenty-five minutes away. I go there every Thursday, so I know the route well.

However, I was paranoid. My sister just got a new Garmin as a graduation present, so I borrowed it for the night. Going there was fine; I got there safely and securely.

Coming home was where it became obvious that Satan wants me dead.

I'm less familiar with the path back from youth group, especially because it's dark, so I didn't realize until the entrance ramp that it was taking me on the highway. Trial one.
I've barely driven on the highway as it is, but alone? At night? On a highway I've never driven before? I was terrified.

But I'm safe.
I don't really know how...I mean, by all accounts the highway should have been full of traffic. It was basically empty. I annoyed some people with my slow speed, but I'm safe.

Then, when I was taking one of the turns off the highway, the Garmin fell off the dashboard. I freaked out. Trial two. But I could hear it still, faintly, and I'm safe.

Lastly, when I was home, I reached down to get the Garmin. My seatbelt tightened suddenly; I realized it had been hooked on a lever on the seat and would have been worthless if I'd crashed.

But I didn't. I'm safe.

Satan wants my life, and even more so now. I'm heading into a personal revival; I'm going to grow this summer and become far closer to the person God wants me to be. Satan doesn't want that.

But I'm not under his power anymore.
Set free by the blood of Jesus Christ. <3
June 18th, 2010 at 05:03am